Fluoride is being added to Collier and Naples water without ever having been certified “safe” at the levels being added. Our Collier County Commissioners and the Naples City Council have made the decision to continue “fluoridating” us without our consent. Local dentists insist that “Fluoridated” water is safe and helpful in reducing dental carries (cavities) even though they can not point to any clinical study that has “certified” the safe level of fluoride. None of these dentists have ever put their reputation on the line to “write” a prescription to add fluoride to the water. Each of you receive multiple doses of fluoride from the water, your fluoride toothpaste and some “bottled” water. None of us know how much fluoride we ingest every day.
We have categorized the fluoride issue into 4 specific categories:
Please click on each category to review up-to-date information on each.
How it all Began
The story of fluoridation begins in the late 1940’s and early ‘50’s. The nightmare of World War II is over, and America, the new superpower, is enjoying a period of unrivaled peacetime prosperity based on the steel and aluminum industries—both of which use deadly hazardous fluorides in their smelting process. The Cold War is on, and we’re stockpiling atomic weapons.
That process requires fluoride too. Meanwhile, looming on the horizon are a rash of lawsuits brought by workers who suffered fluoride injury in the wartime plants and farmers downwind of those plants whose crops and livestock were devastated. The captains of industry, threatened by potentially damaging revelations, counter with their own bold plan. They will use advertising to give fluoride a makeover—transforming it from poison into remedy. Then, they’ll persuade health officials in New York City to add it to their water. Who could question its safety after that? They chose for the task this man—Edward Bernays—known as the “father of public relations,” who wrote a bestseller titled Propaganda. That should tell you something about him. The industrialists knew he’d be perfect for the job because of the spectacular success of one of his prior campaigns—persuading women to take up smoking. That’s right: the same man who got women smoking in 1929 has you drinking fluoride today.
Bernays was the nephew of this man—Sigmund Freud—and he knew his psychology. Realizing that people place their trust in experts, for instance, he employed doctors’ testimonials to sell cigarettes. He also pioneered branding. He branded fluoride “anti-cavity” without any evidence whatever, and the brand stuck. He was lavishly financed by industry and those top echelons of the dental establishment—e.g. dental schools and research laboratories—that depend heavily on industry for funding. There was tremendous grassroots opposition initially, but it was no match for the tidal wave of money flowing into the pro-fluoridation coffers. In time, the resistance caved in and the history was forgotten. Today, over 50 years later, two thirds of America’s water is artificially fluoridated and untold lives have been needlessly devastated.
There’s Poison in the Tap Water!
On July 2, 1997 the union that consists of and represents all of the biologists, toxicologists, chemists, engineers and attorneys at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) headquarters in Washington, D.C., voted unanimously to take a stand against water fluoridation. They cited scientific evidence of fluoride’s link to increased risk of hip fracture, cancers, bone pathologies, genetic mutation, and neurological impairment, including lower IQ in children. Recent science also links fluoride to Alzheimer’s disease, kidney damage, chronic fatigue symptoms and sleep disorders. Dental fluorosis, a permanent chalky mottling of the teeth and a window to fluoride overdose of the entire body, is on the rise, even in non-fluoridated communities. Fluoride is more toxic than lead, only slightly less toxic than arsenic. Fluoridation is outdated, unscientific, violates medical ethics and denies freedom of choice. Its serious risk outweigh its minor (if any) benefits.
- The Collier County Water Treatment Plant’s expenditures for fluoride was reported to be $32,600 in 2011.
- The City of Naples Water Treatment Plant’s expenditures for fluoride from October 2008 thru September 2009, were $21,163.
- The City of Naples Utilities Department keeps .7ppm – .8ppm of fluoride in our water.
- Fluoride is an active ingredient in rat poisons & cockroach powder.
- According to the handbook, Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products, fluoride is more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic.
- From 1990 to 1992, the Journal of the American Medical Association published three separate articles linking increased hip fracture rates to fluoride in the water. It also accumulates in the bones, making them brittle and more easily fractured.
- The research of Dr. Dean Burk, former Chief Chemist of the National Cancer Institute, reported that 10,000 or more fluoridation-linked cancer deaths occur yearly in the United States.
- Elevated bone cancer (osteosarcoma) rates among young males in fluoridated versus unfluoridated areas (albeit unrelated to the duration of fluoridation), based on national data from the National Cancer Institute (Hoover 1991), a smaller survey by the New Jersey Health Department (Cohn 1992), and a more recent national analysis (Takahashi 2001). Some epidemiological studies, however, have failed to find this relationship (Mahoney 1991; Freni 1992).
- The Canadian Dental Association recommends: Fluoride should not be recommended for children less than three years old.
- The Centers for Disease Control estimates about 30 percent of children who drink fluoridated water have some degree of fluorosis – an unsightly staining and pitting of the teeth.
Adding fluoride to drinking water has been banned in most European countries.
- In 1993, researchers from the National Institute of Environmental Healthadmitted: In cultured human and rodent cells, the weight of the evidence leads to the conclusion that exposure results in increased chromosome aberrations (genetic damage)
- A March 2006 joint report from the National Academy of Sciences and the National Research Council (NAS/NRC) identified fluoride as a potent hormone disruptor, with the potential to impair thyroid function.
- An Environmental Protection Agency study reported that fluoridated water helped to carry aluminum into rats’ brains, producing Alzheimer’s-like lesions.
What can you do to protect yourself and your family from the harmful effects?
- Contact your local politicians and tell them how you feel about this deception.
- Share this website with your friends.
- “Like” our facebook page and share it with your friends.
- Buy a reverse osmosis water purifier. A carbon filter with an additional filter specifically for fluoride removal will also work.
- Here are 2 books you can read and encourage your friends to read also:
- The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson
- The Case Against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There by Paul Connett PhD
- In the largest U.S. study of fluoridation and tooth decay, United States Public Health Service dental records of over 39,000 school children, ages 5-17, from 84 areas around the U.S. showed that the number of decayed, missing, and filled teeth per child was virtually the same in fluoridated and non-fluoridated areas.